After seeing a few of these Avocado Fries on Foodgawker, I just so happened to have an avocado in my fridge and knew I had to try this intriguing combination. So here is my take on these curiously delicious Avocado Fries!
Avocado Fries with Spicy Roast Garlic Dip
- 1 Avocado
- 3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp Flour
- 1 Egg
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Canola Oil
Spicy Roast Garlic Dip
- 2 Cloves Roasted Garlic
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- Chili Paste
- Lemon Juice Optional
- I haven’t tried this recipe with any other type of Avocado, but I would recommend using one that isn’t quite ripe yet, and still stiff when squeezing it. Store it in your fridge before making these, this way you don’t have to worry about it being too soft when you bread and cook it.
- Take two plates and a bowl, put your panko and flour on the plates and scramble an egg into your bowl. Shred some Parmesan cheese into your bowl of panko and add salt & pepper to taste (mix it around and get your finger wet, dip it in the panko and give it a taste until it gets to your liking). Slice your avocado into fry-like chunks, cover with flour, then egg and finally bread it with the panko and put it on a plate.. Repeat this until all your avocado is done.
- While you are breading everything, get a pan ready on medium-high heat, with enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once the pan is evenly heated, drop all your avocado fries in and cook each side until golden brown!
Spicy Roast Garlic Dip
- In a small frying pan on low heat, add one tablespoon of butter and two cloves of chopped garlic, cooking until browned. Once the garlic is done, add it into a bowl with your sour cream and a few drops of chili paste (add as much or as little as you want, depending on your heat preference). Mix it all together with a spoon, mashing up the garlic as much as you can. Taste it once it is thoroughly mixed, if you feel it needs a little more zing, try adding a few drops of lemon juice.
- And there you have it! A neat little appetizer/side/snack with the ever so versatile avocado. These were a very nice mix of flavour and textures with the creamy avocado and crunchy panko, along with the Spicy Roasted Garlic Dip to add a nice tangy and spicy punch if you need it!