3-ingredient banana pancakes
A healthy breakfast or snack, high in protein and super kid-friendly. Just add mashed bananas, eggs and a little flour and water, and you’re ready to go! Make it gluten-free with buckwheat or gluten-free flour.
- 2 bananas overripe are ideal
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp buckwheat or gluten-free flour optional: substitute plain flour if you don’t need it to be gluten-free
- 1.5 tbsp water or more
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- Peel and mash bananas in a bowl. Add eggs and mix well with a whisk or fork. Stir in flour, and add water 1/2 tablespoon at a time to adjust consistency.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan (skillet).
- Add 1 tablespoon of pancake batter to make small pancakes (pikelet-size), around 6-7 should fit in a medium to large pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden, and flip.
- Set aside the first batch when cooked, and add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan again, and repeat until batter is cooked.
- Serve with yoghurt and seasonal fruit.