Oh, how I LOVE these little cuties! What an ingenious idea – bacon, eggs and toast all wrapped up in a cute little muffin-sized package.
Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of bread
- Shredded cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Grease 6 wells of a muffin pan with butter.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cut out rounds of bread (I used a 3.5-inch round cookie cutter, but a drinking glass would be fine.)
- Press the bread rounds into the greased muffin wells.
- Curl a piece of bacon around the periphery of each piece of bread, positioning it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in position.
- Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each piece of bread.
- One at a time, crack an egg, removing about half of the white, and dropping the remaining white and yolk over each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks.
- Once all the bread pieces have been topped with eggs, bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 6-10 minutes) and bacon is crispy. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.