Southern fried cabbage is such an underrated dish! It is incredibly delicious, low carb and keto. I’ve been making this recipe for years and I promise once your family try it, they will ask you to make it again.
Southern Fried Cabbage
- 8 Smoked beef strips chopped
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Medium head cabbage shredded
- 3 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepperor to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cajun/Creole seasoning
- Salt- to taste
- 3 tsp Vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry smoked beef over medium heat until crispy in a large pan/skillet.
- Transfer the beef to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan saute onion until caramelized; then add the garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned ( 20-30 sec ).
- Add the shredded cabbage, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Cajun/Creole seasoning and cook another 7-10 min , stirring from time to time.
- Return the smoked beef to the pan/ skillet and mix.