If you are fed up with trying to make homemade mozzarella sticks with bread crumbs then you have to try this recipe using wonton wrappers! It uses 2 simple ingredients and they can be made in the air fryer or oven.
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- 4 Light Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks such as Sargento
- 4 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Cooking Spray salt
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use).
- Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese.
- Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- Spray cheese sticks with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce or whatever sauce you like to dip your cheese sticks in.
- I actually like salsa.