A Hearty and Healthy Vegan Goulash Recipe Perfect for Cold Winter Nights
This vegan goulash is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for cold winter nights. It is loaded with vegetables, beans, and spices, and is a great way to get your daily servings of vegetables. This vegan goulash is also incredibly easy to make and can be made in one pot. It is also a great dish to make ahead of time and freeze for later.
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 carrots, diced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 cups of vegetable broth
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 can of cooked beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 cups of cooked macaroni
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and bell pepper to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix to combine.
4. Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, beans, and macaroni to the pot and mix to combine.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the tomato paste and mix to combine.
7. Serve the vegan goulash hot.
| Nutrient | Amount |
| Calories | 488 |
| Protein | 15g |
| Fat | 9g |
| Carbs | 79g |
| Fiber | 11g |
| Sugar | 10g |