Experience the Exotic Flavor of Sweet Potato and Chickpea Tagine
Tagine is a Moroccan stew that is traditionally cooked in an earthenware pot. It is a delicious and nutritious dish that is full of flavor and can be enjoyed as a vegetarian meal or served with a side of couscous or rice. Sweet potatoes and chickpeas are the main ingredients in this tagine, with a variety of spices and aromatics that add depth and complexity to the dish. The combination of sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and spices creates an exotic and flavorful meal that is sure to please.
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Tagine Recipe
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas and sweet potatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Serve hot over couscous or rice.
| Nutrient | Amount per Serving |
| Calories | 299 |
| Protein | 8 g |
| Fat | 8 g |
| Carbs | 43 g |
| Fiber | 8 g |
| Sugar | 6 g |