Warm Up with this Delicious Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup
Tomato soup is a great way to warm up on a cold winter day. This slow cooker creamy tomato soup is a delicious and easy meal that is sure to please the whole family. It’s made with simple ingredients and can be ready in just a few hours.
This slow cooker creamy tomato soup is a great way to use up any leftover tomatoes you may have. It’s also a great way to get some extra veggies in your diet. The creamy texture and rich flavor make this soup a winner.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened.
2. Transfer the onion and garlic to a slow cooker. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the soup is thick and flavorful.
4. When the soup is done, stir in the heavy cream. Serve warm.
| Nutrient | Amount |
| — | — |
| Calories | 151 |
| Total Fat | 11g |
| Saturated Fat | 5g |
| Cholesterol | 25mg |
| Sodium | 469mg |
| Total Carbohydrates | 11g |
| Dietary Fiber | 2g |
| Sugars | 5g |
| Protein | 3g |