Warm Up This Winter With a Bowl of Beef and Black Bean Chili
The cold winter months can be a challenge to keep warm and cozy. But a hearty bowl of beef and black bean chili is a delicious way to warm up and fill up. This easy-to-make chili is packed with protein, fiber, and plenty of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, black beans, green chiles, and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve.
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|