Whenever we went to Taco Time growing up, which was A LOT, I would always order their Crisp Meat Burrito. And while it’s the world’s skinniest burrito, it was the crispiest, yummiest thing in the world and I still crave them. Now that I try not to eat fried food as often, I decided to make a copycat recipe that seriously tastes IDENTICAL to the real thing. They are crispy on the outside and have the best beef mixture on the inside. You can use ground turkey, too and they turn out great! If you’re a Taco Time fan like me, you’ve got to try these out. And if you’re not, I guarantee you’ll still love them!
Copycat Taco Time Crisp Meat Burritos
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine onion flakes, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt in a small bowl and then mix into ground beef. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink. Drain grease and return pan to the stovetop.
- Pour in salsa verde and stir until combined. Stir in shredded cheese until melted and then remove from heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup beef mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about an inch from the edges. Roll up the tortilla and place seam down onto the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and tortillas.
- Make sure none of the burritos touch and spray each lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.