Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti
- 12 ounces DeLallo penne ziti or any pasta shape
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 25 ounce jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato-Basil Sauce (pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese I used 2% low fat
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling according to package instructions. Drain. Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil. Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and sprinkle immediately with the remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve warm.