Looking for a simple buffalo chicken bites recipe? This is a simple chicken nuggets recipe that has has the perfect crunch as well as having a buffalo bit. This cornflake crusted chicken is much healthier than the fried counterpart.
Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Bites
Servings 48 bites
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce to taste
- 3 1/2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 3/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal crushed
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish, place eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, place corn flakes.
- Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.