Chicken Parmesan Pasta is my go-to easy chicken dinner recipe, with just a few ingredients and made in one pot. So easy!
One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
Chicken Parmesan Pasta is our favorite one pot chicken pasta recipe. An easy chicken recipe for dinner with just a few ingredients? What could be better! Chicken Parm Pasta is our go-to easy dinner recipe anytime we are craving comfort food. A delicious chicken and pasta recipe everyone in the family will love. Skillet Chicken Parmesan for the win!
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing not the creamy kind
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into cubes
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta small/medium
- 1 24 ounce Marinara sauce I love Delallo’s
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish optional
- Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large 12 inch skillet over medium high heat (If you don’t own a large skillet, you can use a stock pot). Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of marinara. Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender to your liking. ***SEE NOTE
- Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
- Top with chopped basil (optional) and serve! Enjoy!
***The pasta in the middle of the skillet and underneath will be more tender than the outside pasta. It’s okay if those pieces are a bit toastier and less soft. The inside will be plenty soft.