Cajun Shrimp and Grits: A Delicious Southern Comfort Food
Cajun shrimp and grits is a classic Southern comfort food that is sure to satisfy any appetite. It is a simple dish that combines the flavor of Cajun spices with creamy grits and succulent shrimp. The combination of flavors is sure to make your taste buds do a happy dance.
The beauty of this dish is that it is easy to make and can be ready in no time. The ingredients are simple and can be found in most grocery stores. The Cajun spices give the dish an extra kick of flavor that will make your mouth water.
To make this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and Cajun seasoning and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the grits and stir until they are lightly toasted. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|