Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pounds bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- – In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
- – Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- – Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- – Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- – Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies.
- – Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.