This Chopped Thai Salad. You guys. I could just cry. This Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing is THE BEST! A rainbow of power veggies with a yummy homemade dressing.
Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste ginger would also work
- a squeeze of lime juice
For the salad:
- 16 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- 5 –6 cups baby kale
- 3 large carrots
- 2 bell peppers 1 red, 1 yellow
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 green onions
- 3/4 cup cashews if you can find them, Trader Joe’s Thai Lime and Chili Cashews are the bomb
- Puree all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust to fit your preferences. Transfer to a dressing jar and rinse the food processor out for use later.
- Cook the edamame by boiling it for 3-5 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Drain and allow it to cool. Meanwhile, slice up the kale, carrots, peppers, cilantro leaves, and green onions into thin strips or shreds.
- Place the cooked edamame in the food processor and pulse 5 times to get a minced texture. Transfer to a bowl and repeat the same process for the cashews. Toss the kale, carrots, peppers, cilantro, green onions, edamame, and cashews together until well combined. Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently a few times, and serve immediately.