Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti
This Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti only requires 6 ingredients and is totally delicious and comforting.
- 12 ounces DeLallo penne ziti or any pasta shape
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 25 ounce jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato-Basil Sauce (pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese I used 2% low fat
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of generously-salted boiling according to package instructions. Drain. Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil. Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and sprinkle immediately with the remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve warm.